Monday, September 1, 2008

37 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

Peyton is full term now which means if she was to arrive now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb! She weighs about 6 1/3 pounds (we think she weighs a little more per the ultrasounds) and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

How is the Mommy doing...

I can't believe that Peyton will be here in two weeks or so! I can't wait to hold her and see what she looks like! And I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore!

I am doing better than I was earlier in the week. I enjoyed Tuesday-Thursday off from work by using remaining sick days and then I went to work on Friday. My blood pressure did elevate slightly on Friday while at work but not in the dangerous range but it reinforces the fact that I need to wrap things up there and stay home and rest. I will be at work on Tuesday and then Wednesday afternoon and then I am off until December 15.

The doctor's office was supposed to call on Friday to schedule my c-section date but I didn't hear from them so I will be giving them a call on Tuesday. It should be around the 15th so we will keep everyone posted. 

We are installing the car seat today in case she makes an earlier appearance and we also re-packed our hospital pack to include some additional things for our longer stay at the hospital. John is looking to clean our carpets (part of our Spring cleaning that has just taken awhile to get to) either today or tomorrow and after that we are ready for Peyton to come home. Well, John and I are ready, I am still not sure about Titus. Titus has been pretty funny lately...my mom has been moving into her house and since there has been movers and tons of boxes over there during the day she has been dropping off her dog Molly at our house so she isn't too stressed with everything. Molly and Titus are not the best of friends but they tolerate each other and get along as long as I am not paying attention to Molly. It is ridiculous! As soon as I call Molly's name or pet her Titus immediately runs right next us and starts crying or nudging me. It has been a good exercise having her here all week because he is learning to share attention and he has gotten better. I am sure we will be having the same adjustment period with Peyton.

We are thankful that it looks like we will be avoiding Gustav which is a huge praise! I didn't want to have to evacuate being pregnant. We both have tomorrow off for Labor Day and will be mostly relaxing around the house and resting! 
  • Next Doctor's Appointment: Wednesday, September 3
Prayer Requests...
  • That my appointment Wednesday morning goes well and my amniotic fluid levels haven't dropped
  • That the last 1 1/2 days of work are calm and my blood pressure stays low while I am finishing up there
  • That the Lord continues to calm my fears of a c-section and He prepares my body for a speedy recovery
  • That Peyton arrives healthy and strong and that we figure out breast feeding soon after her birth
  • Finally, that the Lord continues to prepare our home and hearts for becoming parents
Note to Family and Friends...

Although we don't know the date yet for the scheduled c-section we realize that she could come at any time and we just wanted to pass some information to everyone. 

I am delivering at Clear Lake Regional Hospital in Webster, TX. We will pass along information about her arrival as soon as we can through text and hopefully get some pictures up on the blog shortly after. We will be at the hospital for 72 hours after she arrives and we would love for friends to come by and visit us at the hospital but please call John's cell phone first to make sure we are not sleeping or busy.

Also, when we get home we would still like to see people but once again please call before hand and know that if we don't answer right away we are either asleep or really busy and will try to get back to you as soon as we can. I have had many people offer to bring us dinner and help out and if you are still interested please get in touch with John and he will pass your information to a friend of ours (Bryce Jakub) who is coordinating everything for us. Thank you for all your prayers and support and we can't wait for Peyton to meet all of the amazing people in our life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. #1. You're too stinking cute! I lovelovelove seeing your pictures with that little baby in your tummy and will love seeing pictures with her outside even more!
#2. How in the heck did we never manage to meet up when you were not yet a mommy? Failure there. I suppose I will just have to dote on you and a new little girl.
#3. Too bad you can't have a c-section on the 14th, because then she and I would share birthdays.
#4. LOVE the new name.
#5. LOVE you and hope to see/at least talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Che! (and John) Have loved reading about Peyton's progress these past few months. You're going to be a wonderful mother, and it sounds like John will make a fantastic Daddy.

Congrats again, and good luck for the next few days. She'll be here before long and will completely change life as you know it!

Will be thinking of you all and sending best wishes from Cape Town.

Love Lauren x