Monday, September 22, 2008

Where is the manual?

As I am sure any mom would tell you, babies don't come with manuals. I know that my mom said that very thing over and over to me. You do the best you can and hope that it is right. Wouldn't it be nice though if they did come with a step by step guide for raising a child that will love others and love the Lord? The past couple of days I have been battling the insecurities that I am sure plague every new mom. Am I giving her enough attention or too much? Does she feel secure and safe? Is she eating enough? Does she know how much we love her? Should I pick her up or let her whimper a little longer? And so many other questions.... 

I have been blessed with great support from John and my mom who encourage me and reassure me that I am doing a good job but yet I found myself still not feeling comforted. After a challenging morning, I realized that only God can give me the strength, guidance and discernment needed to raise a daughter that loves and serves Him and others. So, 17 days later, I realized that God has used and will continue to use this precious little girl can teach me so many lessons starting with the big one she taught me today, that I must trust and rely on the Lord to be the mother she needs and that even though she is important in my life, my priority needs to be growing in my relationship with the Lord and through that she will get the mom she needs.

No comments: