Thursday, September 4, 2008

We are having a baby tomorrow....

So, I went to my doctor's appointment this morning with a scheduled c-section for September 15. While at the appointment I found out that we will actually be becoming parents tomorrow, Thursday, September 4!!! 

Turns out that my amniotic fluid levels have dropped again from last weeks ultrasound and my doctor feels that the best thing for Peyton is for her to make her arrival. I will be arriving at Clear Lake Regional Hospital tomorrow at 10:30 AM and the surgery is scheduled for 12:30 PM. It has been a crazy day, going through Admitting at the hospital, going through my pre-op appointment less than 24 hours from when I will be there and finalizing the little details such as care for Titus etc. Praise the Lord that none of these last minute preparations are really baby related and that we have been prepared for her for awhile.

We will be in the hospital until Sunday and as I mentioned before we are more than happy to have friends come by and visit us in the hospital starting Friday but please give John a call before coming by. Also, many of you have offered to bring us dinner and we are so appreciative. Our friend, Bryce Jakub, has graciously offered to organize everything for us so please get in touch with him or with John and he can give you Bryce's information. 

Also, we will be trying to update the blog tomorrow evening or as soon as we can with some pictures and all of the information about our little girl. 

On a side note, my mom and I were talking earlier this afternoon and reflected on how good God is. A week ago, I was so upset over having to start bed rest and waste my leave time without my little girl at the same time, after prayer, I knew that the Lord was calling me to trust in Him and rest. I was obedient and reduced my work schedule and made plans for a last day earlier than planned. Little did I know, that God knew when she would arrive and that He was teaching me a lesson in trust and patience. I feel so blessed that I was able to learn such an important lesson prior to Peyton's arrival and that God is blessing us with me not have to use my leave without Peyton here. 

So, please be praying for us tomorrow as a whole lot will be happening. Here are specific prayer requests...
  • Prayer for my doctor and for the nurses who will be involved in my cesarean and during the recovery
  • Prayer for Peyton, that she arrives healthy
  • Prayer for my body to react well to the epidural and during the recovery process
  • That Peyton and I pick up on breast feeding quickly and are able to breast feed as soon as possible after the cesarean
  • For me and John in these next couple weeks as we adjust to being parents

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'll be praying for you tomorrow! Such exciting times!!!