Thursday, September 25, 2008

Recommended Books

Prior to Peyton's arrival, I had several books recommended to me by a friend and a new parent. They were all very helpful and I have already implemented things from each of them with Peyton. Now that she is here I have recently bought two new books to read and am hoping they will be as equally helpful. 

Here are the books that I have already read:
  • The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp - Peyton is not really a fussy baby so we haven't had to implement too much of his techniques but we have swaddled Peyton from the beginning and she loves it. When she does start fussy his techniques immediately calm her down.
  • So That's What They're For! by Janet Tamaro- If you are planning on breast feeding this book is amazing. I found it to be so helpful and it made me so confident prior to Peyton's arrival and a great reference since. 
  • What To Expect the First Year- A great resource for common questions. I read through month 2 prior to Peyton's birth and it was very helpful.
  • On Becoming Baby Wise, Giving Your Infant the Gift of Newborn Sleep by Gary Ezzo- Although I don't agree with everything in his book it was a good read and has been helpful in gaining different perspectives.
Books I recently bought and are waiting to read:
  • Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect and Communicate with Your Baby by Tracy Hogg
  • The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two by William Sears

No comments: