Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shopping is fun for all ages...

Today was Peyton's first shopping experience! She didn't get to buy anything today but still had a great time! 

John went to Galveston this morning with our small group to help out with Ike recovery and so Peyton and I were left to entertain ourselves. The morning started off with a very grumpy and gassy baby (onions and green peppers are no longer part of my diet). She was so uncomfortable so I thought that the day would be spent at home with a fussy baby...then my parents called and asked if we wanted to head over to Pearland and meet my sister to go to the new outdoor shopping center. The fact that we would be out of the house, have four other people to comfort my fussy baby, and go shopping was enough for me so I restocked the diaper bag, folded up the stroller and waited to get picked up. We got over to Pearland and had a blast. Peyton loves her stroller and pretty much slept the entire time and when she did wake up would look around in wonder. She even slept through dinner at Red Robin (which was a very loud restaurant). The trip was a huge success with me even able to find a comfortable chair in Macy's and feed her which gave me confidence in being able to go out with her for periods longer than a hour or so. We did see some adorable Christmas dresses at Gymboree so we have to take daddy to see them and get one for Christmas before they run out of baby sizes. Overall it was a great day and we are looking forward to more shopping adventures...

No comments: