Thursday, December 4, 2008

3 Months Old

Peyton is 3 months old today! Can you believe it? I certainly can't! What an amazing three months it has been and we are so incredibly in love with her. She has been changing so much lately and becoming so much fun and this past week has been a blast to be around. 

Here are some of her developments:
  • She is so much more interactive. She talks non stop! She loves to make noises and carry on conversations with you which is adorable. She is making more noises than her previous grunts and is cooing, gurgling and even starting to squeal! She even does it when you are swaddling her for bed which makes you want to talk back and play even though it is really bed time. I really think she will be an early talker!
  • Smiles are all the time! She is such a happy baby. You can find her smiling when she is in her bouncer by herself with nobody around her or when I am just walking around with her over my shoulder and not even talking to her. She is full of adorable smiles!
  • Peyton is a couch potato! She LOVES the television. If it is on she will find a way to turn her head towards it. She likes Baby Einstein but really she will watch anything. 
  • She is so much more attentive and interested in looking at different things (the Christmas decor has come at a good time). Whenever I carry her in the Baby Bjorn baby carrier she has to lift her head off of my chest and look around. I normally loosen the head support so she can look out and just support her a little bit with my hand. Even when she is just in the stroller or her car seat she is so much more alert during outings.
  • She is really good at imitating you now (actions and sounds). The other night she was in her bouncer while I was cooking and I would look at her and start dancing (flaring my arms around) and she would start copying me. So much more fun than just sticking our tongue out.
  • She is holding her head steady when held and will even pull herself to a sitting position while in your lap. She is still not enjoying tummy time but based off her strong neck muscles being shown while sitting, laying on your chest and while carrying her around, I am not too worried.
  • She is grabbing my hair, clothes and will briefly hold rattles etc in her hands. My hair however is a favorite item as well as necklaces (which means no more long earrings or necklaces for mommy)
  • Peyton loves her fist! It is always in her mouth now even right after a feeding. You can even hear her sucking on her fist on the monitor at night. 
  • She is consistently sleeping a minimum of 6 hours at night followed by a 3-4 hour stretch and these past few weeks have had multiple 7.5 hour stretches! This is very good for mommy who will be going back to work and will need some sort of sleep!
I am sure there are tons more things that she is doing that I just can't think of right now. From the beginning we noticed that she is such an easy going sweet little girl. It is kind of sad that as she is getting to be more and more fun and interactive I am getting ready to go back to work (first day is December 12). But now that she is getting more alert, consistent in her schedule, interactive and more independent it makes me more comfortable with her going to day care and we still have another month until she is there (my mom will be watching her the week that I am at work before Christmas holidays). What a blessing it has been to be home with her this long and I am so thankful that we could make it happen! 

No comments: