Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Bars

I love to bake and cook. I didn't really have a whole lot of time for either before Peyton and have less time now but I try to fit it in when I can. One of my dreams would be to take a cooking class! Since this blog has mostly been about Peyton I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite recipes now and then especially as I find new dinner recipes that are quick and easy to fit into our new lifestyle! So, first recipe is a fall favorite around our house and very easy to make (I made it during Peyton's morning nap)....Pumpkin Spice Bars.

4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (NOT PUMPKIN PIE MIX)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins (if desired, I don't put them in)
Cream Cheese Frosting 
1/2 cup of walnuts (if desired, I do put these on top)
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch pan (I normally use a large Pyrex pan)
  2. Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in raisins if desired. Spread in pan.
  3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack for about 2 hours. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts. Store covered in refrigerator.

No comments: