Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

I guess by blogging about baking it has given me the baking bug and I suppose the 6 empty Christmas cookie tins in my kitchen have also given me reason to start some baking. Since it is not too far from Thanksgiving I decided to do one more pumpkin based dessert...Pumpkin Cookies. I did a variation (mostly adding more spices as I love cinnamon) of "Company's Coming" Pumpkin Cookies from their Cookies Cook Book.

1/2 cup butter softened
1 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Canned Pumpkin (I ended up adding a little over a cup)
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I added about 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1 cup of raisins or chocolate chips (being a chocolate lover, I do chocolate chips)
1 cup of chopped nuts
  1. Cream butter and sugar together well. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and pumpkin.
  2. Stir remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add slowly. Mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased pan. Bake in 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes until lightly browned
Makes about 5 1/2 dozen.

No comments: