Friday, December 19, 2008

Sugar Cookies and Presents

I realized today that I forgot to blog about Peyton's day on Sunday...and there are some other things from today that I wanted to blog about as well.

Well, she started out by wearing her moccasins because her feet were a little chilly. These were a gift from Aunt Shannon and are pretty cute and according to Aunt Ashley and Grandma are her werewolf feet...


Well, that afternoon we went over to Grandma's house to take part in our family tradition of icing sugar cookies. Like every year, Grandma makes way too many and about 1/2 way through
we all start complaining and eating the cookies pre-icing but also every year we look forward to the creativity, the competitions and spending time as a family. Peyton joined in the fun and even had a little bit of cookie to go along with her milk. She tried to be sneaky and hid it but the green icing gave it away. She really had a great time and was talking away at us and would really examine the cookies when I showed them to her. She is getting so curious and investigating things with such intent.

Well, today the Christmas fun continued for Peyton as she got her first package from the UPS truck! It was pretty crazy to open the door and see a package addressed to "Peyton Acord." Well, Megan and Jason sent her a Christmas gift and we allowed her to open it up. It was a Fisher Price Noah's Ark set and is incredibly adorable! It comes with a couple of sets of animals, Noah and the Ark. The best part is that she could play/hold/eat the animals now and then when she gets to be older can really use the ark and still play with it. Here is Peyton examining her new gift....

Finally, today I realized what an amazing Barnabas I have in my life. What are you may be asking...well, for some background, one of the blogs I read is written by a girl that I went to high school with. We were not really friends but mostly acquaintances and knew each other through friends but as I read her blog and learn more about her heart for her family and the Lord, I kind of wish we were friends. Anyways, in an entry titled Paul, Timothy and Barnabas she explores relationships in the New Testament and how certain people in your life mirror the type of people Paul, Timothy and Barnabas were. Well, long story kind of short, I realized today that my Barnabas is my friend Diane. She is my friend, my buddy and someone who is always there for me, always helping. We support each other, challenge each other, hold each other accountable and speak truth to each other even when that is the last thing we might want to hear. Yesterday as she called me on my 1.5-2 hour drive home just to say hi and catch up and instead she got me unloading all of my frustrations and emotions on her and what was her response, to remind me that God has a plan and then to offer to bring me dinner today. She is busy, she has her own worries but when I needed her most she was there and brought me Lupe Tortilla. I thank God for my Barnabas.

Have a happy Friday everyone!

No comments: