Monday, December 8, 2008

Mmmm Cookies

I don't know what has gotten into me but in a week I have baked the following: Pumpkin Spice Bars, Pumpkin Cookies, Chocolate Crinkles, Cinnamon-Sugar Snicker doodles and finally Maple Cookies. And I am planning on making yet another cookie today to use some leftover bananas instead of throwing them out. We have cookies everywhere and even with sending plates to work with John they are still hanging around. I was doing so well on my baby weight loss but of course the holidays had to creep in and make things way too hard (I haven't weighed myself but I am pretty sure we are not making progress...maybe we are just stationary). We need to get rid of these cookies and get back on walking/running. 

Besides the insane amount of calories hanging out in my kitchen, we are all doing well. We had a good weekend of mostly relaxing and being calm. This week shouldn't be too crazy. We are having lunch with John and people from his work on Wednesday, getting to see the Vande Zande's little baby boy that evening and then I start work on Friday. I can't believe I have only four days left at home (hence why we are not doing much this week). 

To give everyone an update on our plans with me returning to work, I was planning on going back Monday, December 15 and work until December 24 but there is a big meeting this Friday that would be good to be a part of. Since I am going back a day early and for the time that I was there the other week, I am able to take off the two days the week of Christmas which works out well in us preparing for Christmas and our trip to Canada. So, John will be watching Peyton this Friday, my mom is watching her December 12-18, then John is watching her Friday, December 19 and then I am off from December 22 to January 5 for Christmas holidays! Then starting January 5 she will be at Primrose.

Well, I am off to wake Peyton up (she has been sleeping 9.5 hours) so we can stay on our "mommy back at work" schedule....

No comments: