Friday, December 5, 2008

Chocolate Crinkles

Let the Christmas baking begin...here is a childhood favorite that I attempted for the first time. I got a stamp of approval from my sister Shannon when she said they looked and tasted like my mom's! Here they are from the "Company's Coming Cookies," cookbook.

1/4 cup of butter or magarine, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
4 x 1 oz unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup icing (confectioner's) sugar
  1. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in vanilla and chocolate.
  2. Stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Add and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls.
  3. Roll balls in icing sugar. Coat well. Arrange on greased baking sheet. Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 8-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. 



2 comments:

Brea in Texas said...

Wow, these look great! I hope I'll get my oven in soon, 'cause I really want to make these. This is a bad season not to have an oven ... especially fro someone who loves baking as much as I do.

If you're looking for another fun treat to make, check out my english toffee recipe. I've already made it three times. :)

http://tinymama.blogspot.com/2007/02/english-toffee.html

~Brea

Brea in Texas said...

Ok, I think that link didn't copy correctly. Check under the 'sweets' link on the left side of my page. It's the second to last recipe.