Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

What a wonderful Valentines Day! I am so blessed to not only have one Valentine but TWO and I think thatt they both are pretty adorable.
The morning started off with Peyton sleeping in an extra hour! Then when she did wake up I made John go and get her out of bed since she had a surprise for him in her crib....a Valentine's Card that she picked out all herself (with some help). She really did pick it out herself. I showed her the three options and this was the only one that got a reaction.

Then John surprised me with a Carmel Latte (Extra Hot) from Starbucks in bed and my present....a Cuisinart Waffle Maker (and then he made me some waffles) and some flowers. Peyton then got her Valentines card from Daddy which she promptly tried to eat.

After Peyton's morning nap she put on her Valentines Day attire and looked adorable as always. She was very exicted about her outfit! Also, she is starting to sit unassisted for brief seconds! You have to stay very close because she topples but she is holding her own for a couple seconds here and there!
Following our morning nap we decided to head out for some running around and we decided to do some rainy day fund spending on the very rainy day. We went to Lowes and picked out a new light fixture for our guest bathroom and then to Hobby Lobby where I picked up a new mirror for the guest bathroom and these very fun wall accessories for the kitchen....

Yes that is a giant fork and spoon on the wall in my kitchen. How fun are those?! We finally made it home and started on our project only to find that the builder makes very large and unecessary holes when installing things....

So, we need to head to Home Depot to get some stuff to cover the holes and then I can get the paint out and cover it all up and finish the project. I will post some before and after pictures once we get it all done. Hopefully tomorrow!
One project that did get done today though was hanging a valance in our master bathroom. Here is what it looked like before....boring!

And now after a wooden box made by John and some fabric from our outing at High Fashion...now I just need some fun accessories and my bath time has a whole new look!

One last fun update and kind of an early Valentines gift was the arrival of my curtains last night! FINALLY!
I LOVE DECORATING! Happy Valentines Day everyone!

No comments: