Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Staying at Home Update

So, the first two days at my new job have gone well! It has been such a joy to be around Peyton all day long and I have missed our times together.

Yesterday was a busy day. We were up and at Target at 9:00 AM. I am so used to getting up early and getting going that I didn't realize how early it was until I noticed that there were hardly any cars there. Prior to going to Target I was able to get laundry going, pick up the kitchen, do some dishes and just start getting our house back in order. I picked up some cleaning supplies and some clothes for Peyton at Target (I got an outfit for $2.50 regular $10). We then headed home and spent the afternoon playing. We went for a short walk to get the mail to test out the jogging stroller. It hit me how much she has grown when she was sitting up and looking so big in there compared to the last time in October/November when she was so small. She loved the stroller and was squeeling with excitment. We then went over to Grandma's for a little bit and I went to CVS to score some deals. I got back and we headed home to make dinner and had a nice evening with Daddy. At one point, I looked at my watch and realized that it was 6:30 PM and we had already had dinner and were relaxing as a family...I used to get home at 6:30 PM! It was so nice!

Today, we hit up the grocery store and then spent the afternoon at home. Peyton is still congested and her cough sounds worse today so she was grumpy and needed to relax. I did some cleaning during one of her naps but then she woke up and as soon as I held her she fell right asleep but didn't want to sleep in her bed so I did my favorite thing, I put her on JOhn's side of the bed and put a pillow as barrier so she wouldn't wiggle off and we napped together. At one point she woke up, looked at me, smiled and then went right back to sleep. Melted my heart!

Yesterday, Peyton started to reach out at Titus and try to pet him. He is being a good sport and was tolerating it until she leaned in to try and put his nose in her mouth and then he just backed off and looked at me. She loves him so much and it is great to see her smile at him and reach for him!

Also, in my shoping adventures this week so far, I have decided that by staying at home I would work a little harder on using coupons and looking for deals. Well, I am just in the early stages and have a lot to learn but I have already saved $106.14 this week during my regular grocery shopping and visiting CVS to stock up on some makeup etc (and I got $5 extra care bucks)! I still have some work to do and have learned tricks this week already but it is fun to save my family money!

I am still trying to figure out what our new routine will look like but it has been nice to be able to pick up the house, cook dinner and most importantly play and talk with Peyton all day long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long you would last once you went back to work! I am so happy for you that you are able to stay home with your precious girl!

You are a great mommy!Enjoy your baby! You blink, and then they are six 1/2 years old!