Monday, February 2, 2009

My Own HGTV Moment...Master Bedroom Redo

We moved into our house almost two years ago (April 2007). When we moved in I made a major decorating mistake and painted our master bedroom a color that I love without having any sheets to really match. So, since then it has always been a pain in my side and a frustration. I have spent these past two years looking and looking for sheets to match the paint and after a fruitless search, I ahve decided to repaint. I finally found some sheets that I love and have decided to paint to match them and do some redecorating! Also, when John and I decided I was going to stay home, one thing I brought up to him is that we would need to make sure we are setting aside some money each month for "rainy day" stuff. Mainly little projects or things I could do to continue to express my creativity. I worked in a highly creative environment and knew that I needed to still have outlets to express creativity in decorating, cooking or photography.

So, my first creative undertaking is our master bedroom! So, stay tuned in the next month for our master bedroom transformation. Here is what we are starting with (we have added a dresser and mirror since these have been taken but I don't have a more recent picture)....

Step One in our master bedroom update is purchasing curtains for the living room. I thought you were redecorating the master...why are you buying living room curtains? Because the current curtains in the living room fit perfectly with my paint plans and sheets and why not use what you currently have and be able to update two rooms at once. After much searching (and a promotional coupon for free shipping and a discount off my total purchase) I finally decided to purchase thesese from http://www.halfpricedrapes.com/. I can't wait until they come!

Step Two, is waiting for my Pottery Barn gift card to come in the mail from us redeeming our Wells Fargo Rewards points! I found a duvet cover and shams at Pottery Barn that I LOVE and refuse to pay full price for them. However, a gift card helps justify the cost. Once I get the cover and shams I will search other discount stores for the rest of the sheets etc and then start putting things together and painting!

I am super excited about my new project (and the other ones to come in the future)...stay posted for more sneak peaks and the after shot!

No comments: