Monday, February 9, 2009

Snotty Ladies

No we didn't run into any mean ladies...Peyton and I are both sick. Peyton is almost over her congestion, cough and ear infection and decided to share her germs with mommy who now has a sore throat and runny nose. Gross. We are staying in our PJs today and being lazy girls.

We had a busy weekend so it is nice to just be lazy together. On Saturday the ladies of the house along with Grandma went downtown to an art gallery where a former co-worker displays some of her work along with 30 other artists in a co-op gallery setting called Archway Gallery. Peyton really enjoyed the paintings and a silly flamingo sculpture thing and was so well behaved. After that I decided that Peyton should further her interest in Pottery Barn and we made a trip over there along with Restoration Hardware and Crate and Barrel. Peyton has visited all these places before but I feel like she was too young to truly understand what we were doing and now that she has seen the catalogues...it was a whole new experience. But really, it is so great that she is more alert and awake when we go places. It is fun to show her things and interact with her outside of the house. Daddy stayed home Saturday and did so much around the house for us which was great! Then Sunday we had small group and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and cutting coupons. A great weekend!

So, all in all, my first week on the new job went well. It hit me on Wednesday what has happened but I know that this is where I need to be and I am so happy with our decision. This week my goals are to try not to be so busy with housework and look for opportunities to get out of the house and do things. So, tomorrow my mom and I are heading out to High Fashion (a huge fabric store) downtown and I will also be starting more on my master bedroom decorating by hopefully picking a paint color so I can start painting this weekend. One other item on my to-do list is to look into some play date opportunities for me and Peyton. She really needs to continue to be around other kids and I need to meet some new mommies so we will be following up on some things I have found...but for now....NAP TIME!

No comments: