Monday, February 23, 2009

A whole NEW room

It is amazing how much your paint color can change the feel of a room!

My goal this weekend was to repaint the master bedroom by Sunday...well, I got it all done on Saturday! And I LOVE it! I was able to prime it during one of Peyton's naps in the morning and then I picked a color and headed over to Home Depot and finished painting that night. It is called Raffia Cream by Behr and it makes the room so bright, calming and big! Here is a quick before and after painting! I will be working on finishing things up and will have a final before and after probably next week.
Before
After

Other things we did this weekend were buy a new fan for the master bedroom (the current one will be moved to Peyton's room) and also decided to move forward on the new floors! I did all the researching/estimating etc last week and then on Saturday we headed down to the store to discuss the estimate and John "hunted" for me and they are probably coming tomorrow to start. We will be putting a handscrapped laminate flooring (real hardwood would be destroyed by a 60 lb lab) in the dining room, living room and master bedroom. I will make sure to post before and after pictures! So..since I knew I was getting new floors I wasn't too careful with painting and there might be a couple drops on the carpet in the master...nothing too bad when you look at the nasty amounts of dog hair. Good riddance carpet!

So a busy and tiring weekend but lots of fun. I am so excited to see how the master bedroom continues to turn out and for the floors to come!

No comments: