Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yummy...Rice Cereal

So, yesterday John and I were hanging out around the house and decided that Peyton seemed to be in a pleasant and experimental mood so why not attempt some rice cereal. The peditrician said at our last visit that she doesn't need to start solids until six months but in the meantime if she seems interested and we were adventorous to go ahead and try some rice cereal now and then and see what happens.


Peyton immeditaly grabbed at my hand and the spoon and directed me towards her mouth which made us very excited. Once it arrived at her mouth however the looks of glee turned into a little bit of confusion. She let it sit on her lips and front of her mouth for awhile and then finally swallowed. Overall she was very interested and a willing participant...even opening her mouth big and wide now and then. We only played around for five minutes or so becuase I didn't want to ruin a good thing. We will continue to experiment in the coming weeks.



Which means that this month I will be purchasing my supplies for making my own baby food (new food processor and some ice cube trays with lids for freezing). I have done a tremendous amount of research (http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ is an AMAZING site) and am very confident and excited about doing this for Peyton. Not only will it limit the amount of preservatives she will be getting but it will save us a bundle of money! She won't start on the fun veggies etc until late next month but I wanted to look around for deals on food processors and be ready for when she is ready!

No comments: