Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 2010 Ornament

Growing up one of the MANY Christmas traditions we had was an ornament for each year. Typically it was just a ball type ornament with the year on it and then some years (Baby's First Christmas etc) there were themes. Well when John and I met, we knew early on that we would be married at some point, and I figured if it didn't work out I could just toss the ornaments, so we decided to start the tradition of year ornaments from the very beginning in 2003.

Here is the progression of our ornaments...


2003- Our First Christmas; 2004- Christmas in Paris (ball) and Germany (Nutcracker) with my parents; 2005- Cross because that was the year that we both felt like we grew the most in our faith as individuals and as a couple; 2006- We got married!; 2007- Our first house; 2008- Peyton's first Christmas; 2009- Picture of us as a family (actually we haven't printed and put the picture in there yet so as of now our family was Hispanic and had two boys in 2009).

And this is the one that I ordered for 2010 off of Etsy! I was looking for a pregnancy one but at the same time I wanted one that included Peyton. I looked and looked and didn't know what I was going to do and decided to browse Etsy one day and found this woman's shop. She has a bunch of various ornaments for different occasions and does different finishes. I am in love with it and think it is my favorite one so far. It should be here today and I am so excited!

No comments: