Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Between 28.5 and 31.5 Weeks

This whole how many weeks are you is getting a little out of hand!

So, I had an appointment today to do the dreaded one hour glucose test. I messed up last time and although I called to verify that I wasn't doing the test, I was supposed to and had eaten. Today was really the last day I could do it so there I was bright and early drinking the nasty orange drink. I was also informed that my scheduled c-section date was for March 21 which was much later than we expected.

Fast forward a couple of hours and the nurse makes a comment when she weighs me that I gained a bunch of weight (hmmm...thanks). I comment that it is Christmas time and I did just eat cookies for two weeks but she didn't buy it! Then when my doctor sees me and measures me she comments how my measurements were much bigger than the 28.5 weeks they have me at. I mention that the last ultrasound put me a week ahead and I should be 29.5 weeks but then she comments that my measurements and weight gain put me at 30.5-31.5 weeks. Confused yet?

Since I am now starting my every two week appointments, she is going to see what my growth looks like the next appointment and see if I am truly further along or if these measurements were a random growth spurt. We also are scheduling another ultrasound in 5-7 weeks (all depends on measurements) to get a better idea of how far along Graham is.

Other than the confusion on gestational age, Graham is healthy and heart beat was strong. He appears to still be breached with his head under my ribs which I knew based off of where he is kicking and pushing. I go back on January 13 and hopefully we will get better idea of when Graham will arrive....hopefully more at the beginning of March!

No comments: