Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Career Change

As promised here is the Acord’s big announcement…

If you know us well, you would know that we tend to change things up a little too often. Since we were married about 27 months ago, I started my current job, and then we built a house, moved into the house, became pregnant and had our little girl. So, this year one of our resolutions was no more life changing events for 2009. Well, God always laughs when we try to plan our life and we have once again with His guidance made a life changing decision. Our current big decision is that I have decided to change careers. I have decided to take on a position as the new CFO, COO, cook, cleaning service, nanny, personal shopper and so much more at the Acord house. Yes, I have decided after much prayer, lists and conversations with many friends and family, to leave my current job and begin a new career as a stay-at-home mom.

When John and I first started dating, I told him early on that my dream job would be to stay at home with mour kids. Maybe it was that I had an amazing mom who stayed home or maybe it was that I never felt that I found that true passion at college. Well, after graduating and working in my current job in advertising for the past two years the decision to stay home was a whole lot harder than I ever imagined. I will spare you all the details but it took tons of prayer, trusting in the Lord to continue to provide (which He very much showed us twice last week when we received random checks in the mail) and eventually staying true to my heart which led us to our decision.

My last day at work is January 30 and I am going to miss everyone I work with and the craziness that my job can bring. I WILL NOT miss my 2.5 to 3 hour daily commute! I won’t lie, I am a little nervous about my new job. I only know two other stay at home moms and I am hoping to expand my little network and building new relationships with other women. I am excited about being able to save money by using coupons more, going to Sam’s club, CVS etc and getting the best deals. I am also excited about being able to keep up with cleaning my house, taking on little home improvement or craft projects, taking the burden of managing our finances from John, being able to cook and work on my cooking, have time to run consistently, see my mom as often as I want and most importantly spending time with Peyton! Seeing her throughout the day is the best part!

Please pray for us especially these next couple of months during the adjustment. Pray for the adjustment for me and also that we are good stewards with our money as it will be a slight adjustment with only John’s salary but as God showed us last week, be faithful and He will provide!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you all! What a rewarding change and sacrifice it is! And Emma and I are selfishly excited because we can play with you and Peyton now during the day!

The Zauderer's said...

I am very excited for you, John, and Peyton! I hope to be one of the Mom's you expand your friend circle with. There are good times to come, that is for sure!! Congrats! The Zauderer Family

Anonymous said...

Hey Che--I have been popping in to your blog for a while and reading esp about what it was like to go back to work. I can't imagine how hard it has been. I appreciate your transparency and I am really happy for you. I am sure all of your sacrifices will be worth it.

Morgan