Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day

I in no way want to start a political debate but I truly hope that no matter what side of the political spectrum you are on, you can appreciate today for what it is.

As many of you know, I am not American, I am a Canadian who is blessed to have the opportunity to live in the United States and enjoy the freedoms this country has to offer. I might be not be a voting citizen but as a permanent resident of the United States I have always been fascinated with the American political system and government. Today was a true celebration of the freedom and promises that this country has been founded on. I am so excited that I can raise my daughter in a country that she has the freedom to vote, freedom to be who she wants to be, freedom to pray and practice religion and most importantly a country that elects someone based on the credentials and ability to lead as opposed to their ethnicity. I am so excited! I know politics can create tension as everyone has such varying views but we can all join in and pray for the new President, Vice President and their families. Pray that God gives them guidance, strength and wisdom.

Today was a remarkable day and I can't wait to get home and watch all of the footage as I was only able to see the swearing in and speeches at work!

No comments: