Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day Care - Day 2

I don't have much time to update as I want to get to bed so I can run in the morning but daycare went better today. Peyton took all her bottles without getting upset. She was off of her schedule (still not sure how this is happening) however which has made for a late night. Also, according to the infant daily sheet that comes home with her she isn't napping at her normal times or for the normal length which would explain why when I came home she was happy to see me for about 30 minutes, wanted to eat and has been sleeping (dead, floppy arms asleep) for the past 2 hours! She is exhausted :( I am really praying that she will adjust better and be able to get rest at daycare. I also found out that Peyton is one of the last to be picked up (there was only one other baby there) which is hard for me to hear because she is also one of the first ones there. It is such a long day for her but I really don't know how we can shorten the time since I have such a commute in the morning and John is already leaving right at 5:00 PM. This has been such a hard adjustment for her and I feel horrible.

Well, I am off to chop veggies for tomorrows dinner (meatless chili so lots of veggies) so I am not stuck doing that after driving in traffic for an hour, make my lunch, make bottles, pick out everyone's clothes and hopefully go to bed without thinking about the endless other things that need to get done such as putting away laundry, cutting coupons from Sunday's paper, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, washing floors, doing Peyton's laundry....

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Don't feel horrible! Just remember that this is a big change for her too. Levi naps much better at home since it is quiet and dark but we just learned his daycare schedule and went with it as much as possible. Also remember that things like scrubbing floors will still be there another time :) Spend time with your baby and your husband while you can. She will grow up so fast!