Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I have always enjoyed New Year's day. There is something about reflecting on the past year and making plans for the year to come that really excites me. I enjoy looking back on what has happened, what we accomplished, what we didn't and what we can learn from the past year. Then there is that planning and looking forward, knowing that you have a fresh start, a fresh calendar, to embark on. I love it!

As we look back on 2008 we are both amazed at how blessed we are. We started the year off by finding out we were expecting and spent the majority of the year preparing for Peyton's arrival. Then these past four months we have experienced one of the greatest things in life, being a parent. I knew that motherhood would be good but I never expected how much joy I get in the simplest things and how much I could love someone. Peyton has given us so much joy in watching her develop and explore the world around her. I feel so blessed and honored that I get to be a mother and am looking forward to this year as she begins to discover more new things. 

Many people think resolutions are silly but I love making resolutions! However, like many people, I often forget what they are or don't make positive steps towards them. So, as we look forward to 2009 here are our New Year's resolutions, in writing, and please help hold us accountable:

Che
  • To deepen my relationship with the Lord by daily depending on Him and His guidance in being a wife and a mother
  • To lose the rest of my pregnancy weight (6 pounds) by running more regularly and run a half marathon this year
  • To date my husband better
  • To be in the moment by letting things go instead of always planning/doing/going
  • To set and meet aggressive financial goals for the year
  • To take two photography classes 
  • To continue my love of cooking and take at a minimum one class this year
John
  • To have the right priorities in life 
  • To be more spiritually, physically and emotionally healthy
  • To set and meet aggressive financial goals for the year

No comments: