Friday, January 30, 2009

Saying Good Bye to JWT

Tomorrow is my last day at JWT. Don't ask me how I am feeling because honestly I am feeling all kinds of things. I am sad about leaving the great people that I work with, a fun and exciting job and feel weird with the idea that on Monday I don't have a job to drive to. At the sametime I am excited about staying home and starting this new career. Lots of mixed emotions and I really don't think it has all hit me and won't until next week.

Tonight I had a happy hour going away with my work and as always it was great to get together and hang out with everyone. I even was gifted a very fashionable bar tee by Greg to remember my last time out with the gang! I appreciate this so much more than the self portrait that Maureen got on her departure. I will miss everyone and all of the crazy things that go on and most of all John will miss all of my work stories that make him laugh and wonder what kind of place I work at or how we actually get things done.

It has been a great two years and 28 days with JWT filled with lots of late nights (I think the latest was around 4 AM), crazy adventures at truck stops and hanging out with truckers, learning more than I ever needed to know about Heavy Duty Engine Oil, hearing every possible joke about Lubricants (many times all at the same time during a creative briefing), lots of laughs, boring status meetings and so many more memories that I can't even touch on (for many reasons).
I will miss you guys so much!

No comments: