Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week Update

So, I pretty much left everyone hanging on Tuesday about our first week back to work. Well, the rest of the week didn't go too much better with daycare which was frustrating and we are praying that next week is easier for everyone.

Wednesday we dropped Peyton off with hopes for a good day. My mom called around noon wanting to know if she could get Peyton and have her for the afternoon so she went over to pick her up. Well, when she walked in Peyton was in the rocker and the teacher was trying to give her a bottle and she was screaming and crying. The teacher was just continuing to try and give her a bottle with no success and so my mom took her to try to calm her down. She wouldn't calm down and when she asked where her pacifier was the teacher said she didn't have one (she has three there) which my mom responded with, "I am sure my daughter wouldn't have left her without a pacifier." Eventually my mom got Peyton calm, put her in her car seat and was heading out when the teacher found the pacifier in Peyton's supply drawer. My mom got her home and got her fed and she went immediately to sleep. After my mom told me everything that had happened along with the fact that she was once again a hour off schedule I decided to give the school a call. I spoke with the director and she was very helpful and understanding. Pretty much I asked that the infant care sheet that I filled out be read by everyone and that she is kept on schedule. 

Thursday came and we had slight change to our morning since I had to be at work early so my mom dropped Peyton off around 9:30 AM. John called at 12:15 PM and 3:15 PM to ensure she was having her bottles on time and the director called to let me know she was doing better. When I picked her up they said she did a whole lot better and when I looked at her sheet I knew why...she was fed on time! No matter how busy our days are she is always feed at three hour intervals so it is no wonder she was having a hard time when it was four hours one time, three hours another. Anyways, we got home and she ate again at 6:00 PM and then she fell asleep (naps are still not going well at daycare) and I put her in her bed. John and I had the intention of watching the national championship game but were both so exhausted from the week ended up going to bed in the third quarter. I am a little upset that this week I missed pretty much all of the bowl games because I was too tired to stay up. When we went to sleep, we thought Peyton would wake up and let us know she needed to eat around her normal time so I didn't set an alarm. Well, she let us know she needed some food at 6:00 AM the next morning....a total of 12 hours between meals! I felt horrible that she went that long and that she was that tired. The poor thing.

So, recap on the week. We were very prepared in regards to schedules, lists of chores etc but we were not prepared for how hard daycare would be for Peyton (and for us) and how tired we would be with getting everything done. It has been a long week and very overwhelming. I am only hoping it will get easier and trying to be optimistic about next week.

1 comment:

Bryce & Kim said...

I'm so sorry it was such a rough week. I hope things improve soon.