Sunday, January 4, 2009

Off to a good start

So, the New Year has started off a little hectic with getting settled back from our trip and preparing for this week with everyone going back to work and Peyton going to daycare for the first time.

Thursday and Friday consisted of doing massive amounts of errands around the house. We have been doing laundry, picking up, taking down decorations, preparing Peyton's daycare bag (and labeling everything), picking up the dog from boarding, giving the dog a bath, grocery shopping and so much more. I am tired just thinking about it. But at the end of all of it, we were able to do nothing for Saturday and today besides relax and enjoy time with friends, family and each other.

Yesterday we went to Pearland Town Center to go shopping and scored some sweet deals! A sweater for over 50% off and even better a shirt for $6 that was regular $39.50! After shopping we headed over to my parent's to wish my dad a happy birthday before they went out for dinner with friends and then we headed over to some friends (the Hane's) to say good-bye to Danny, April and Austin as they are moving to Neederland this upcoming weekend. Danny and April were in our old small group and we have been so blessed to have gotten to know them, learn from them and go through marriage and now parenthood with them. Danny was also an accountability partner for John for a period of time. We are going to miss them and pray that they get settled and also that we can all stay in touch as our children grow up. The picture to the right is of Peyton and Austin hanging out. Peyton looked over at him a couple of times but for the most part they were both more interested in their respective parents.

Today we made it to 8:30 AM church!! Hopefully as Peyton gets older it will get easier and easier to make it to church. Then this afternoon we will be having a birthday lunch with my dad, getting last minute things done for tomorrow (putting out clothes, making lunches) and then John and I are out for a very much needed date.

Tomorrow we are all back to work and Peyton will be attending her first day of daycare. Please don't ask me how I am doing because I might just start crying. I have all of her bag prepared, everything labeled (what is the best gift for an organizational nerd...a label maker...so much fun!) and filled out her daily information sheet. We are prepared in every way besides emotionally. I knew this day would come but I didn't realize it would sneak up on me and be as hard as it is. Then today as I was reading some daily scripture from Matthew chapter 6, one of the verses (6:34) was so applicable to what I have been feeling these past few days

34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

That is my prayer for us for today and everyday and also ties into my New Year's resolution of being in the moment and letting things go. There is no reason for me to be anxious and worrisome about tomorrow for if I do, I will miss out on today.

Since I won't be blogging before we head out the morning though, I would appreciate prayer specifically for the following:
  • That I can be strong and drop her off without getting too emotional

  • That Peyton is comfortable and welcoming of new caregivers in her life
  • That her teachers have wisdom in how to care for her, learning her quirks and develop a bond with her

  • That God blesses the children, teachers and everyone Peyton comes in contact with there

  • Finally, that we adjust to a new normal in our lives quickly and with ease

Finally, Peyton is four months old today! She has become so much fun to be around and is growing leaps and bounds! She is trying so hard to sit up and roll over and gets so frustrated when she can't but she is close and I can't wait to see the look on her face when she accomplishes those skills. She has her four month appointment and vaccinations on Friday so I will update more about her development, weight and height on Friday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: