Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Parent's Precious Prayer

I really don't have much to blog about since we have spent a large amount of our time relaxing inside because it is way too hot outside. We will be starting potty training this coming weekend (if mommy gets enough courage) but other than that, things have been low key at the Acord house.

So, I wasn't going to blog until I read something in a daily devotional book I have. Since I normally don't have time to sit down and have a real devotional/study time until the afternoon during Peyton's nap (I typically clean/pick up for about 30 minutes, have a 30-45 minute devotional and then relax for the final hour), I always start the morning while I am brushing my teeth with a quick daily devotional to start my day focused on God and truth. Currently I am looking through Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado.


This was what I read this morning....

"All your children will be taught by the LORD, and they will have much peace." Isaiah 54:13

Never underestimate the ponderings of a Christian parent. Never underestimate the power that comes when a parent pleads with God on behalf of a child. Who knows how many prayers are being answered right now because of the faithful ponderings of a parent ten or twenty years ago? God listens to thoughtful parents.

Praying for our children is a noble task. If what we are doing, in this fast paced society, is taking away from prayer time for our children, we're doing too much. There is nothing more special, more precious that time that a parent spends struggling and pondering with God on behalf of a child.


No comments: