Sunday, February 13, 2011

Finally finished!

Graham's room is finally finished! All we need is a baby!

I FINALLY got the letter I ordered off of Etsy (from Whimsical Rooms) and it is hung up above his changing table area and looks great! I decided to not do his whole name and just get a 20" letter G and I am really pleased with how it turned out but I will be honest it take a little too long to get it (about 8 weeks) which I might understand if I ordered a whole name but not for one letter. I also love how Peyton immediately walked in and pointed to it and said "G."
Another nice surprise in the mail today was a gift from a friend who got Peyton and Graham Big Sister and Little Brother shirts also from an Etsy seller....Rock Paper Sisters. You can't tell from the first picture but their names are wrapped around the circle. I can't wait to get pictures of them in their shirts.
More progress this weekend in Graham's room was the collection of our hospital bag (minus stuff I use everyday...hence the list in the bag). So far I have just packed my stuff, pillows, an extra blanket for me, blanket and sheets for John and then the diaper bag. I am just going to pack Peyton's stuff before we leave and well...John is on his own for his stuff!Another detail in Graham's room that I haven't shared is his going home outfit. My grandmother knit an outfit for me and each of my sisters and she did one for Peyton as well. So it has become a tradition for all the grandchildren and great grandchildren to have an outfit to come home in. She knit the sweater, booties and hat for Graham and I love it! I just found a simple brown shirt and pants to go under it and I can't wait to see him in it. I remember how adorable Peyton was in her outfit!
We are getting more and more ready which also means more and more anxious! All the little things are falling in place and we are counting down until we meet our little man!

1 comment:

Stori said...

I love the big G! Graham's nursery is so adorable. I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to see pictures of the little guy :).