Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on doctors....and SNOW!

It is getting cold outside! I am starting to get excited about the possibility of snow this Friday! Hopefully it will happen during the day and Peyton can experience it! John is covering up all of our plants right now and hopefully most of them will survive. The freeze last year did a number on our landscaping and John really would rather not spend money again this year replacing stuff!

Other than waiting on the freeze/snow....I spent a good part of my day waiting at the doctor's office for an ultrasound to check my fluid levels and Graham. After 3 hours total....I found out that my fluid levels are good, he is still breached but his legs go from a fetal position to all the way stretched out, and he is measuring two weeks earlier and is a whopping 5 lbs already! That puts him at an estimated 8.5 lbs at 40 weeks! He is only 1 lb 7 ounces away from where Peyton was at birth!

Following my ultrasound, I got my blood pressure checked and it was fine and also did a 30 minute Non Stress Test to measure heart rate and contractions. I had two for sure contractions (I felt one of them) and several minor ones in the 30 minutes but overall everything looked fine. BUT....I do get to go every week until he comes to have an ultrasound (continue to look at fluid) and do a 30 minute NST. FUN! So, for example, next week on Tuesday I will do all of the ultrasound etc and then Thursday I have my regular doctor's appointment. I am beyond grateful that we can send Peyton to MDO on Tuesdays and Thursdays and although I would rather be doing something other than sitting in doctor's appointments during that time at least I can schedule them around her being at school.

Since I will be spending forever waiting at doctor's offices until this little man makes his appearance I am planning on picking up our Valentine's Day present this coming Thursday as an early gift since we are getting an e-reader, more specifically the Nook. So...if anyone has some good recommendations on NON BABY books to read?, let me know as I am sure I will be finishing plenty in these next few weeks!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Read The Help! Dark Water Rising is also good- it's a young adult historical fiction about the 1900 Storm in Galveston. A long time ago I read The Right Words at the Right Time by Marlo Thomas- it's short stories/narratives written by celebrities on lessons they have learned in life. That's just a few, but I have lots more recommendations if you need more!

Laura

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Ugh! I feel your pain on the million and one doctor visits. At least the end is in sight for us, yay! ;)