Thursday, October 2, 2008

25 and so blessed

Today I celebrated my 25th birthday and I can't help but sit back and think about how incredibly blessed I am. Already at 25 I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, a home, a good job, great friends, a growing church home, a loving family and finally a beautiful little girl. 

To celebrate Peyton and I started the day with a walk and then some great play time. This afternoon my mom came
 over and we gave Peyton her first big girl bath. She loved it! She was so alert and at peace in the water and then she loved getting her baby lotion massage afterwards. This afternoon my office called me to wish me Happy Birthday. It was so nice to know that they were thinking about me and it made me miss them! Then tonight John brought home dinner, flowers and we had some birthday cake. John got me a jogging stroller for my birthday which is really exciting! He hasn't ordered it yet because I am still deciding between a couple of brands so it isn't here but I can't use it for awhile so it is not a big deal. I am pretty excited though and will be looking forward to many runs with Peyton! Since my dad is in Canada doing errands for the past couple of days and will be back until tomorrow we decided to hold off to celebrating with my family until tomorrow night so everyone will be over for Fajitas and more birthday celebrating tomorrow night. 

Overall it was a good birthday...pretty low key but the best part is that I got to celebrate with my daughter...how cool is that!

No comments: