Friday, October 10, 2008

5 weeks already?

It is weird..part of me can't believe that it has already been five weeks as I feel like it was just the other day that we were in the hospital but at the same time, with the hurricane, it feels like Peyton is so much older. I also can't believe that if we were not able for me to take some unpaid time off that I would be going back to work after next week. I feel so blessed that we can afford for me to take some unpaid time off and that I was able to save my vacation to extend my time at home with her. These past five weeks have been great and I am excited about spending another eight weeks watching her grow and discover things!

So, Peyton is five weeks old today and here are some of her developments in these five weeks:
  • I don't think I blogged about this but she had her first smile on September 22 and since then has given us some real smiles here and there. She is still not consistent in giving them but they are the cutest thing and melt my heart when we get to see one.
  • She found her hands last week and is now sucking on her fingers whenever she has a chance or when mom is taking too long getting ready to feed. 
  • She does not let you swaddle her with her hands contained anymore. For the past two weeks or so, she must be swaddled with her hands out or you risk a serious temper tantrum. Since she has her hands out she can normally be found asleep her hand resting on her cheek and looking adorable.
  • She is starting to make noises beyond grunting and makes some really funny sounds when she is falling asleep and loves it when you mimic the sounds back to her
  • Yesterday she lifted her head while on her tummy for the first time! She is so strong! 
  • She loves to look around and hates to be cradled in your arms. Her favorite position is sitting up like she is about to be burped so she can look around. 
  • She loves bath time!
  • She is still a sleepy baby who needs to be encouraged to stay awake and play during the day. Even though she sleeps a bunch during the day she is sleeping four to five hour stretches at night which is great!
  • She loves to move when she is awake and constantly kicks her feet and moves her hands which I find amusing since she was not active while I was pregnant.
Make sure to check out the blog later this weekend for pictures of Peyton's first Texas vs. OU game. She has a pretty sweet shirt to wear for the celebrations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all...Boomer Sooner! Is Peyton feeling better? We need to meet her asap!