Saturday, October 18, 2008

RUNNING AGAIN!!

Yesterday was my six week postpartum checkup and I got the all clear! Everything has healed great and I was told I start running again! I made sure Peyton was feed and happy when John got home so I could take off. 

Titus and I headed out with great expectations to at least run to my mom's house and back (about 1.5 miles) and when I got to the lake by our house I quickly realized that since my legs felt like Jello and my heart felt like it was about to explode I needed to set a different goal so we ran about a 1/4 of the way around the lake (all the way around is a mile) and headed home. I figured I probably did 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. Titus felt great and was so happy to be running with me but I felt worse than I did after the Houston 1/2 marathon (did I really run 13.1 miles less than a year ago?). At first I was a little discouraged but John help me reminded myself that I did just have a baby and just had major surgery six weeks ago and just by heading out there was a huge success. My goal is to get back to running four times a week and slowly build up time and distance and hopefully get in shape to run a half marathon on Valentine's Day (either the Austin 1/2 marathon or Surfside). 

No comments: