Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hold the cheese, milk, sour cream, pizza, ice cream, yogurt.....

Yesterday I called the pediatrician...on a side note, I am sure the lady at the front desk is annoyed to hear me call once a week, I try to be pleasant and really sweet in hopes that I can win her over and not annoy her too much. Anyways, I called to check on the stool sample results and the results came back and...they were all negative. Although that is great news it doesn't tell us why she is still not having normal bowel movements. The nurse asked me some more questions and then said she would call me back after talking to the doctor. She called me back and this is pretty much what she said, her stomach problem at the beginning probably was a bug but since it is not as severe anymore, it now could be associated with my diet. She asked if I have cut out caffeine (which includes chocolate) which I did about a week ago. I didn't have any caffeine when I was pregnant but quickly realized in those early sleep deprived nights that a cup of coffee goes a long way. Anyways, since cutting out caffeine hasn't fixed anything the next step is to cut out dairy. Ugh! I want Peyton to be comfortable so I will oblige but I am pretty annoyed. I feel like I am more restricted now than I was when I was pregnant. The last time I had some dairy was Friday morning so we will see how this goes. I am really praying that we can figure out is causing her upset tummy and if it is the dairy thing then I am praying for some will power!

No comments: