Friday, October 31, 2008

Bottles and Bubble Baths

I love that I can pump milk for Peyton and freeze it for times when I need to be away from her. I have been lucky to have a pretty good bank of milk for her and will continue to add to it especially for when I go back to work. Since it takes a lot of planning and effort to pump I really try to use my "liquid gold" wisely and have mostly saved it for date nights. Tonight though I needed some mommy relaxing time (I am incredibly stressed for some reason) and daddy got assigned the late night feeding duty. I advised John that I would be retreating to the bathroom to have a nice hot bath alone while enjoying a nice glass of wine and to make sure to defrost some milk so she could eat. It was an amazing 90 minutes (yes, I was in the bath that long and had to actually add new water so it would stay warm) and it so relaxing. Even though it was supposed to be mommy time with my warm bath, candles, glass of wine...my reading selection ended up being, "What to Expect The First Year." What...I don't have time during the day to read about her upcoming  developments!

No comments: