Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I want to RUN!

About two years ago I fell in love with running. After graduating from college I decided to try something new and something that I always thought I couldn't do and started running with a group. Since then I have done six half marathons and a bunch of other races and love how it challenges me and how great I feel afterwards. When I got pregnant I ran the Houston half marathon (at four weeks) and then ran off and on until it got too uncomfortable. Well, now that I am no longer pregnant I am dying to run and am counting down the days until my six week postpartum visit on October 16 and the go ahead to start exercising. I will be heading over to On the Run sometime this week or next to get fitted for new shoes so I will be all ready once I get the doctor's go ahead.

Also, we ordered my birthday present the other day, a running stroller. I decided to go ahead
with the Schwinn Free Runner LT which has an onboard computer to track your workouts and an audio hook up with speakers so both mommy and baby can jam out to music while running. It will be a little while until Peyton is big enough to go running in it with me but having it here will give me incentive to get started on running so I am in shape to use it with her when she is old enough. I love our walks together now and am looking forward to many hours running with her!

No comments: