Tuesday, March 1, 2011

37 Weeks and Ready for Baby

We have made it full term! I am 37 weeks tomorrow but since I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and there is a huge possibility I will be sent straight to the hospital to have Graham after the appointment, I figured I should do my 37 week post tonight!

Since my last post we ended up spending another 4 hours at the hospital on Thursday. This time I was supposed to do a Non Stress Test for about 30 minutes to 1 hour but since my regular doctor doesn't do them at her office so I had to go the hospital. While I was at my appointment however I mentioned feeling nauseous the night before and that morning so she wanted to do some blood work at the hospital as well. No big deal...and 6 vials of blood later nothing! BUT, during my NST at the hospital I started showing contractions every 5 minutes! Are you kidding me! I wasn't really feeling any pain and after another 90 minutes of monitoring and getting checked to confirm that the contractions were causing me to dilate etc I was sent home. My doctor called me and told me what to look for and also to mention that she really didn't even see me making it to my newly scheduled date of March 8th and to just have my stuff ready to go on my appointment Tuesday with the high risk doctor and that she was even marking her appointment book to note that she would probably be delivering me that afternoon. She reiterated that as annoying as all this is, she really wanted me to make it to 37 weeks at the minimum and that is why she hasn't thrown in the towel and just delivered him.
Well, tomorrow is 37 weeks....and this is how I am looking....HUGE! I feel like my stomach is a lot bigger than it was with Peyton and some of my maternity shirts are even too tight with Graham. I believe I have gained right around the same amount with both of them and maybe slightly more with Graham but interesting enough I haven't gained any weight these last two weeks with him which has been nice considering all of the Girl Scout cookies I have been eating.

Peyton - 37 weeks Graham- 37 weeks

Since my Thursday visit to the hospital I have been feeling pretty good until yesterday. Last night I started having discomfort in my lower abdomen and tightening and just feeling awful. I attributed it to doing too much over the weekend and since it didn't get worse I just went to sleep. I woke up this morning, somewhat uncomfortable but nothing too bad and made sure to sleep a bunch today....which meant tons of Dora, Diego and Barney for Peyton. Well, at 4:00 PM today I started having the same pain, discomfort and even started feeling some contractions. They have been coming off and on all night, the pain getting a little more intense but nothing regular and mostly staying in my lower abdomen. I do think that he has dropped a little which is weird since he is breached but even a friend noticed he was lower today so maybe that is what is going on.

Since it hasn't gotten more regular or worse as the night as gone and I have an appointment tomorrow morning, I didn't call my doctor but it makes me feel like my doctor is probably right that he will be coming tomorrow...or I have a week of annoying discomfort, pain and more doctor's appointments. I am fine either way as long as have a healthy little boy in my arms at the end....so....T-minus less than 24 hours or a week.....we will see!

2 comments:

Stori said...

I hope you are meeting your little guy as we speak! I am so happy for you. This has been a rough several months, but your little bundle of love will be soooo worth it!

The Acord Family said...

Stori....I just saw your comment as I was on my way home from the doctor with a clean bill of health! The first in three months it seems. Apparently all my children have minds of their own and assert their agendas! Everything checked out fine today and I am just waiting until Thursday but it looks like Graham wants to hold out until next week when he will be forced out!