Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Midweek Ramblings

What a busy week this has been...a week ago we were in Saudi and now in the United States...what a crazy life I lead...


  • The night we left to fly back to the States we had our first rainstorm in Saudi in the five months we have lived there! John and I both heard the thunder and saw some lighting and looked at each other in disbelief. Thankfully it was nothing big but our dog was a little scared...I guess he has forgotten what thunderstorms are! Also...of course as soon as we leave we have awesome temperatures with highs in the upper 70's...hopefully that wonderful weather will be there when I return....certainly nicer than the 135 we saw in the summer!
  • Forgot to post awhile ago that Graham got his first tooth (October 23) and another one is close to appearing. 
  • Speaking of Graham...he is so determined to crawl! He is practicing/trying non stop to figure it out. He is so persistent and doesn't get frustrated when he fails, he just keeps going. So cute and he is very close and I am excited to see his look of excitement when he figures it out.
  • It was a very long week with John unexpectedly working 12 hour shifts and then some but I am unbelievably thankful that he was able to spend some time with the kids and me on Saturday and Sunday in between shifts before we left.
  • Much to our surprise the Texas Longhorns game was being broadcasted live on TV in Saudi on Saturday night! We enjoyed watching the Longhorns beat the Texas Tech Raiders which is huge in our house considering my two younger sisters are Tech fans (one is an alumni and the other currently attends Tech). I had to laugh that my sister who lives in Abu Dhabi called to talk smack at the start of the game when Tech was up but was pretty silent the rest of the game. I am so excited about being in the States for the end of the season and start of bowl season. I have been missing my college football!
  • We made it back to the States and are trying to get over jet lag. Night one consisted of Graham waking up every 2 hours and then me giving up at 4:30 AM and taking him in the living room to play. This part is not fun!
  • The customs/immigration officer in Seattle asked me if I was returning from during the Haj in Saudi when he found out I was coming from there. I was kind of dumb founded...really...if I was muslim and did the Haj would I be wearing a lower cut shirt and my hair not covered and tight yoga pants. Made me laugh! And how everytime I get my passport checked the question I get is if I can drive. 
  • While we were driving up to my parents we stopped for a Starbucks run. It was kind of sad the joy and excitment I felt as I walked up to any door I wanted and ordered my Pumpkin Spice Latte! Delicious!
  • The view is BEAUTIFUL from my parents! I have always felt more connected with God when I am in nature and seeing His awesome creation and it is pretty amazing to wake up and look out your window and see mountains and water and the beauty of nature!
  • Then yesterday we went to Target and I was in love! I could have spent hours in there! Peyton came home with some new toys and even she was overwhelmed with the toy aisle. I picked up some baby stuff that I needed and then looked around at other stuff and just was in awe of all the choices. We couldn't spend that long because Peyton was falling asleep in the cart but it was a nice trip and I am sure we will be making more trips soon!

We are looking forward to a wonderful week in Washington state and enjoying time with G and Papa and the wonderful scenery and looking for my future house...just kidding John...kind of! We are so happy and feel so blessed to be here!


1 comment:

Stori said...

I am so glad you made it safe and are enjoying the US. I leave in two weeks and I am so excited :).