Saturday, November 5, 2011

Midweek Ramblings...Weekend Recap

I didn't do a midweek ramblings post because not much went on during the week so I really didn't have much to write about...and not much has gone on during the weekend but here is what has been going on...

  • Wednesday Peyton went to play at a friends house. They have been become really close and always look for each other at school. They played well...like the always do...and when we went to leave his mom told him she would be gone for awhile and to give her a "cuddle" (they are British and that is what she calls hugs) and he just broke down sobbing. He was so sad she wouldn't be at school next week and was distraught. I felt awful but am thankful that Peyton has made good friends here.
  • Also on Wednesday we found out that John would be working 12 hour shifts until further notice due to a leak at the refinery. Boo! This meant our family weekend trip to Bahrain was canceled and the family time we were hoping to have before we left for the states wouldn't happen.
  • Since John was working I decided to take the kids on the shoppers bus to the mall. We all had a good time and the kids were amazingly well behaved. We got some crafts and small games for the plane, a baby gift for a friend back in Texas and I managed to find four shirts at Zara and we I got home to try the on...they all fit and look cute! I am getting pretty good at buying clothes without trying them on. 
  • While at the mall Peyton had a funny conversation with some Saudi women sitting waiting for Chili's to open after prayer..
Women: "What is your name?"
Peyton: "My name Peyton, what is your name?
W: "Sawhalya"
P: "Hmmm, please repeat"
W: "Sawhalya"
P: "Oh.. Sawhalya...that a hard name"
W: "Yes...you have very pretty hair."
P: "Thanks...I can't see your hair."

The women laugh and we all talk some more about where we are from and about them and it was a really nice conversation. It was also the first time that I really was able to talk with some Saudi women. I am sure it was because John wasn't with me and they were alone as well. It was nice.
  • Yesterday was my sister's 20th birthday! I can't believe she is turning 20! Since she is 8 years younger than me, I remember when she was born and when she was Peyton's age. I wish I could celebrate her birthday with her. Happy Birthday Shannon! We love you so much and I am so thankful for where our relationship is and how much it has grown over the years. Thank you for loving my kids as much as you do. I am so proud of you and where you are right now. You have so many good things in your life right now. I am also so proud of all the work you have done this past year to get where you are from following your dreams and releasing your CD to pursuing your education and starting college life. You are a strong woman and I love that I get to see you pursue your dreams! Love you so much!
  • Today starts the second Eid...not sure what it is exactly for but it is another Eid celebration with parties and a holiday for John...well it was supposed to be but he is sill at work and will be for several more days. 
Hope everyone in the western world has a wonderful weekend! I am off to pack...


No comments: