Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Midweek Ramblings

I am so bad about updating the blog! We have been loving Washington and I have pretty much decided that if I could have it my way we would be moving here right after Saudi. I have been looking at houses as we drive around and already have a stack of ones that I think would be just perfect for us...and they are all within a reasonable price range! I will have to do a post sometime of all my favorite houses.


Here are some ramblings about what we have been up to...
  • We have been enjoying the trails a bunch! We have gone several times to feed the ducks and walk around and love the trails here. There are so many that I am sure we will never get bored and there will always be a new one to explore. One day when we went to the park I overheard a couple of moms who were leaving talking about how they were off to run some errands. I was just thinking how wonderful it would be to go for a walk along the trails in the morning with the kids before you started your day. Love!

  • I was able to go for a run today! I went down to the trails and ran with Max..my sisters lab that my mom is watching...and we did a 3 mile run through the trails along the Whatcom Creek Falls. It was a wonderful run! 35 degrees and beautiful scenery and just the right amount of hills. Such a wonderful, relaxing and refreshing way to start the day.
  • We have been exploring some of the towns around Bellingham and walked through the town of Fairhaven and all the shops. I found some gifts for friends babies back in Texas, some stuff for Peyton for Christmas and also a great Christmas present for her that I think I will need to go back and get...a fairy tree house doll house thing!
  • Graham is finally sleeping through the night again and same with Peyton so we are starting to get some rest!
  • The other night I drove (so thankful for that freedom here) to Barnes and Noble and bought some travel books and a Beth Moore book (so thankful that I can have the freedom to buy a Christian book) and I spent the evening drinking coffee, writing in my journal and enjoying time away from the kids. It was wonderful!
  • John was approved for a couple days off in late January so I am starting to plan where we can all go for a quick family trip before he starts the big turnaround and long days/hours. So far the top choices are Oman or Turkey. I picked up a book on Turkey and they are ordering one on Oman for me so I can read those while I have some time here.
  • I am also thinking about taking the kids on a trip somewhere by myself to help break up the time that John is in turnaround. It is currently supposed to last 60-90 days and I know I will need a break and I am planning on visiting my sister and the UAE but I am thinking about a trip to somewhere in Europe. I am starting to look into it and we will see how brave I will be and if I ended up doing it.
  • I am looking forward to a week with my dad in Washington and then my youngest sister off for Thanksgiving and spending time up here! So excited about having family around and enjoying the Thanksgiving holidays!

No comments: