Saturday, November 1, 2008

99 Balloons

Sometime this week on Oprah I saw this story on a young family that made a video tribute to their young son Elliot that was born against odds with Trisomy 18 or Edwards Disease which is a genetic disorder caused by the presence of all or part of an extra 18th chromosome. He lived for 99 days before passing away and his parents made this video tribute from the many photos and letters that they wrote during his short life. When I saw this I couldn't stop crying and at the end I looked down at my healthy and vibrant little girl and thanked the Lord for her and prayed that I would never take any moment for granted and would celebrate her life at every chance I could get. I am so blessed and I pray that I will never take even the daily tasks of changing a diaper or getting up for a feeding for granted and would do it with a joyful heart. A positive update on their story, they just welcomed a healthy baby girl two weeks ago. So, watch the video (with some tissues on hand) and if you have kids give them a kiss and thank the Lord that they are here and cherish them and all that they teach us.

No comments: