Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Monkeys and Giraffes

Today I decided to be spontaneous and Peyton and I packed up and headed to the zoo. I had been wanting to take her to the zoo for awhile but with all of the issues early on in my pregnancy I was pretty sure that the zoo would be on the "don't do" list and then lately I was questioning whether I could handle it but I decided that if I didn't do it now I wouldn't do it before Graham came as it would only get harder. So, we woke up, I packed some lunches and got ready and then I asked her if she wanted to go to the zoo and I was given an emphatic "yes" and was promptly told she would like to "hold monkeys, pet, self," which means she wanted to hold and pet the monkeys all by herself. I just told her she would have to talk to the zoo keeper and that appeased her.

We made it to the zoo and yes I was worried about the whole walking/physical exhaustion part of this experience but honestly I was also just nervous of having to deal with breakdowns and temper tantrums by myself BUT I didn't have one! She was so agreeable, sweet, obedient and we had so much fun together. It was such a good day of quality mom and Peyton time and I had a blast with her. She is so much fun and she is funny and she finds humor in so many things. She laughed so much at the animals! Every mom needs one of those...... everything goes right and you feel like you are doing a good job and not failing horribly.......kind of days and I didn't realize how much I needed it!

We had a blast and even managed to hit up a kids store in the area to check out some strollers....a post to come on my never ending search for the "perfect" and apparently non existent double stroller!

A fun day had by all!

No comments: