Wednesday, January 12, 2011

31 Weeks

I am 31 weeks today! Which means we have just over 60 days until we meet Graham and that is if I go 40 weeks but considering I am repeat c-section...it is under 60 days....UNDER 2 MONTHS! WHAT!

In all honesty in regards to baby prep...such as the nursery and supplies...we are really ready. Since a friend is graciously throwing me a shower in February, there are a couple of things I registered for that we apparently didn't have very much gender neutral of (mostly bibs and blankets) but for the most part we are set. I also met with a friend...Sarah from My Spare Time...to discuss the quilt for Graham's room and I am so blessed that she is going to do it for me and am excited to see what she puts together. When I decided to make his bedding I resigned myself to the fact that it would mean he might not have a quilt and so I am so thankful she is going to do one for him and I love it even more that I can tell him how she blessed him with that.

What I am not prepared for is the whole birth/hospital/what to do with Peyton stuff. I am starting to freak out slightly about undergoing a c-section again. I very vividly remember the pain the next day even though the nurses told me I would forget by the time number 2 came around. I remember the nasty medicine I had to swallow before the surgery, the epidural experience was scary for me and I didn't do well (sobbing) and the whole scariness of it all. I am not at peace and am praying hard for some peace and calmness!

I have also not finalized any plans for Peyton. We know that my parents are watching Peyton the nights we are in the hospital but I do need to think through who is watching her during the day, what happens if I go into labor earlier than the scheduled day etc. I need to start thinking about making a list of what we need to pack for both me, John and Peyton. I need to book Titus at the boarding place. I need to talk through again how and when Peyton will come to see us and make sure family all have the details of where/when etc. At the same time...all of this is kind of on hold though until we at least have a date to start with which hopefully I will be getting at my doctor's appointment tomorrow or at least talking with her about rescheduling with the hospital. Once we get the new c-section date we can put all the plans in place knowing that he could come whenever...great....and now I realized that if he only made it 37 weeks like I did with Peyton (remember how I had less than 24 hours before we were in the hospital having her?) that would be 42 days....that is crazy!


Some stuff that I did do to prepare for the whole hospital stay is purchase some nursing bras since Motherhood Maternity was having a great sale this weekend and this time I do have some nice new PJ's to wear (several actually) as I learned last time that wearing the hospital gown for three days doesn't help with the whole...I still look huge and pregnant even though I just had a baby feelings!

I am also in discussions with John on how I didn't get a "push present" the last time (mostly because I thought it was silly and a waste of money) and since this is my second and most probably last (I am at 93% sure right now), he should look into something...specifically a new MacBook since my old iBook died about a month ago and I miss having a laptop! Side note...my iBook lived a long life and I was greatly impressed. I got it about 6 years ago and used it constantly! The battery started losing power and for about the last 6 months you always had to have it plugged in so it was essentially a desktop until it finally wouldn't turn on at all. We will see if he gets my hints and surprises me! I still think it is kind of silly and a waste of money and am partially kidding about the computer! A girl can dream...right!?!

Other than realizing that we are getting near to meeting this little guy...Graham is kicking up a storm even if his head is up under my ribs and his bottom is sitting on my bladder. I am taking iron supplements since my latest blood work showed I was slightly anemic. I was
hoping it would solve my tiredness issue completely but that is not the case. I think the active toddler counteracts the iron! It did solve my headaches and some blurry vision.

So, please pray for my doctor's appointment tomorrow and for some peace with the whole c-section and planning for the hospital stay in approximately 42-60 days!

1 comment:

Stori said...

Che - I will absolutely be praying for you and your repeat c-section. I know exactly how you feel. I don't understand how people have a c-section and say its no big deal. I found mine to be very traumatic, and I won't go into details because I don't want to scare you with my experience, but I will be covering you in prayer. I cried everytime I thought about it until Isla was 6 months old; I had had my hopes up for an incredible birth experience, but God is faithful, and during the whole ordeal, I did feel nothing but God's perfect peace.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

And

"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4 (one of my favorites!)