Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

For the first time ever I ventured out on Black Friday. Maybe it is the economic crisis or maybe I getting more careful with my money or maybe it is because we are a family of three now but there were some deals that I didn't want to pass up and when you are waking up early morning to feed a baby why not just stay up and go shopping?

Because I needed to make sure Peyton still made her 6:00 AM feeding (since we have other outings planned for the day) I actually ended up waking her up at 3:00 AM to feed. After that I made my way to Macy's to pick up a gift for John (since John might read this blog I can not elaborate on what I actually purchased) and saved a bundle! It was regular $130, on sale for $74.99 with a $25 mail in rebate! Macy's wasn't too bad, I got there art 4:30 AM and they opened at 5:00 AM and I was around the 40th person in line. Most people were there for jewelery so since John isn't a fan of diamond tennis bracelets there wasn't too much fighting! Following Macy's I headed over to Babies R'Us. they also opened at 5:00 AM but I figured they wouldn't be as popular as other places. They had a Baby Einstein Activity Jumper that was $30 off. That was on my list of things for Peyton so it worked out great. When I arrived, there were only three left and the person behind me also picked one up so I made it just in time. My final stop was Home Depot for more goodies for John considering his Christmas list read, "Everything at Home Depot." I made it there 15 minutes before opening and had about 30 people ahead of me. I didn't get him everything like he asked for but I think he will be pretty happy!

I didn't go too crazy on my first Black Friday but it was fun and felt great to get some good deals. Maybe someday in the far distant future I will head out to the crazy stores like Wal Mart, Target and Fry's (all of which look liked a mad house today).

Now I will be getting some sleep and then heading to Spring to look at all the cute stores with my mom and Ashley.

No comments: