Sunday, November 23, 2008

Highly Recommended Baby Gear

I have been meaning to write up a post of the baby gear that I can't live without for my friends who recently had babies or are planning on starting their family soon. 
  1. Fisher Price Rain forest Bouncer: as you could probably tell from any of Peyton's pictures. She loves this thing! It has proven to be incredibly helpful in keeping her upright to help control her reflux and it goes with us everywhere. The bar is removable so they don't always have to look at it but lately she has started showing interest and loves it! 
  2. Skip Hop Dash Deluxe Diaper Bag and Accessories: I did a bunch of searching for a diaper bag that was manly enough for John to carry and this diaper bag is worth the money! It fits everything I need and I love that it is a messenger bag because it is easier to carry and you don't have to worry about it falling off your shoulder when you are bending over the stroller or in the car. What is also great about this is the stroller straps which allows you to not have to always carry it and saves room in the basket underneath and finally it has tons of other pieces that match and also have great features. I have the bottle bags, pacifier bag and a smaller changing kit bag. A great buy!
  3. Sleep Positioner: This has allowed me to go to sleep peacefully knowing that Peyton is secure on her back and won't roll over, also it helps with her reflux and also with drainage with her cold. All around a great product and it helps her feel more secure when sleeping with the arms on either side!
  4. Graco Pack n' Play: There are many brands and I am sure they are all great. Mostly I just recommend having some sort of sleeping contraption for your infant in your room for those early weeks especially if you have a c-section. It was so nice to have Peyton a couple steps away for those first six weeks. I was able to learn how she sleeps so I know now when to get up and what sounds mean on the monitor and it was easier for my recovery. Also, it proved to be very helpful during the hurricane evacuation and we will be using it when we go up to Canada.
  5. Boppy Pillow and Nursing Cover: Breast feeding can be tricky and the Boppy pillow helps so much in those early weeks and still now to help position your baby and not wear your arm out trying to hold them up. It was also really helpful in not putting too much pressure on my incision. Also, if you are planning to breast feed and are planning to leave the house ever, a nursing cover helps out a bunch and allows you to nurse pretty much anywhere with privacy.
  6. Miscellaneous items that are helpful and I find myself using daily are Gerber Pre-fold cloth diapers as burp rags, receiving blankets, and Soothies pacifiers (like the one you get in the hospital) and of course diapers (I prefer Huggies over Pampers)
Finally, if you have any other questions or want my opinion on anything else baby gear related let me know. I did a good amount of research before buying pretty much everything and so far have been very pleased with all of our purchases.

No comments: