Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rainy Day...Sleepy Day

Today was a nasty day. We tried to go for a walk before the rain hit but it was way too windy and I didn't think it was a good idea for Peyton to be venturing out so we made it to the stop sign and turned around. The rest of the morning was spent cuddling and napping while listening to the rain! Napping is one of my favorite things to do with Peyton since she loves to sleep on my chest! We then had some great play time in the bouncer, on the activity mat and had a very successful tummy time. She is making so many new sounds and is getting more and more vocal which is a blast to listen to. We also worked on reaching for and hitting various objects. She can't do it on her own yet but she is very intrigued when I help her and she hears the object make noise. We finished the afternoon off with a mini photo session and are now waiting for daddy to come home.

Also, I scored a set of Baby Einstein DVDs!!!! A good friend was given a set of the DVDs and since she already had some she offered them away on her blog to the first person to contact her. I must have just read her post shortly after she posted because I was the first person! I can not wait to see how Peyton reacts to new characters and music and honestly I have had way too much Beethoven for awhile. 

An update on my running progress...I went for a 1.6 mile run on Saturday and it went well. While on my run I did realize that my goal of doing a half marathon in February although possible it is a little overwhelming right now so instead I am thinking about doing a 5k (3.2 miles) on Thanksgiving and then after that looking for a 10k and move on up from that. I haven't registered yet as I want to see if I can get my three runs in this week. We will see...

No comments: