Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Groceries?

In an effort to spend money more wisely I have been cutting coupons and really trying to watch how we spend money at the grocery store. So, on Sunday we ventured out as a family to get some groceries for the week. We have a set amount for each half of the month and so I had a budget. I managed to get a whole bunch of groceries for under my budget and saved $17 by using coupons. Why is this story blog worthy you may ask...well, on the way home John dropped me and Peyton off at my mom's to visit and he headed home to do some work and unload the groceries. Later that night my mom brought me home, we got Peyton to sleep and we were in bed and I asked John (why I asked this I have no idea), "so, you got the groceries put away?" John looked at me with utter confusion and said, "what groceries?" Well, the groceries that I worked so hard to get were in the car. So, we had to throw away a pretty good amount and John is going without milk because I refuse to go back to the store until next weeks grocery shopping trip. Silly daddy....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to chat coupons with you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Che- Peyton is so beautiful! I have enjoyed getting to see what you write on your blog. A great website to help save money on groceries is www.grocerygame.com. My sister in law and I started it this summer. It takes a little time at first but really teaches some great shopiing methods!