Wednesday, November 26, 2008

RSV Update


Yesterday we had a follow up visit with the pediatrician from our ER visit and were told that Peyton is looking really good and is getting better. Her chest sounded great and she seemed to be breathing well so apparently the worst should be behind us.

Since I got good news at the doctor yesterday I decided to go ahead and still go into work today for a 2009 planning meeting from 9-11 AM. I really didn't have to go in but I thought a meeting titled, "2009 planning," would be pretty important and I should be there. It also gave me the chance to test out what the morning routine would be when I go back to work and it went REALLY well. The morning started at 5:00 AM with me getting up and getting ready minus getting dressed in case of a spit up or vomit (it is all about preparing for the unexpected). I woke Peyton up at 6:00 AM to eat and get her dressed and then we had some play time and left the house right around 7:00 AM. Since we were just going to Grandma's instead of daycare we got there pretty early which allowed me to drive the route to the daycare and see how long it takes me etc. It takes about 7 minutes and is a pretty straight forward route. I got to work on time and everything was going well. Then about 10:00 AM I get a text message from my mom, "Everything is fine but call me when you have a second." Well, in my opinion everything couldn't have been too fine for my mom to send me a text so I called her and when she tried to feed Peyton her bottle at 9:00 AM she started to choke and started an intense coughing fit that lasted 20 minutes with Peyton turning red, having problems breathing, my mom close to tears and about to call 911. After her coughing attack she was so exhausted that she ended up sleeping for two hours. My mom did not want to attempt another bottle feeding and I didn't want her to as well so I made sure that I was home for her next feeding. Since then she has been doing fine although tonight she seems to be trying to cough up something her throat and can't really get it out which is frustrating for both of us. 

So, we making progress on fighting this thing but we are not out of the woods yet so please continue to pray for healing.

In other news, Peyton got to see her Uncle Shawn for the first time last night which was exciting. He gave her some cool pink Converse sneakers which will be adorable when she can start walking and fit in them. We are preparing for Thanksgiving at our house (our first time hosting) on Thursday. I am pretty excited about Thanksgiving, it ranks up there as one of my favorites. 

Peyton looking at the fan at Grandma's house

No comments: