Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cleaning out shop

As most men joke...a woman's closet is like a department store but yet we have nothing to wear. Normally I would disagree (with the department store comment, we really don't have anything to wear) but after my adventure last night, it seemed like my closet was like a Macy's.

Some background information....it has been increasingly difficult to find something to wear each morning. My maternity clothes are huge and besides one pair of jeans, my pre-pregnancy pants and most shirts are too small. On a side note....although I am losing weight, things have shifted around all over, it makes me wonder if I can afford another child because redoing your wardrobe is expensive and annoying. Anyways, so, like most women, I go in, try something on and if doesn't work, throw it on the floor which has resulted in mass chaos in the closet. I decided that instead of just picking things up, I should go through and organize my closet and pack up the maternity clothes (good riddance) and get rid of some items. Before everyone starts telling me that it is too early to determine what your post pregnancy size will be and I should be patient, you need to understand what was hiding in there. I had clothes that didn't fit before pregnancy, clothes that I had since my freshman year of college that haven't been touched in years and clothes that I can't believe I would buy (or wear...silly youth). Why do we as women always think that we should keep things for that "what if" day? When and why would I need a white mini skirt that I had in high school...seriously? 

So, last night John and Peyton sat on the bed playing while I pulled everything out and
sorted it and Peyton got a little lost in the clothes (see the picture and play find Peyton). She had a funny look of absolute wonder on her face throughout this process. After four hours of work, frustration and almost tears (who wants to part with their skinny Citizen jeans...Megan, you can feel my pain), it is all clean and we will not have to ever buy another hanger again (I won't say how many we have left because it is embarrassing). My sister, Shannon, is coming to pick through what she wants and then I am going to try and sell some to a store since I have a good amount of designer jeans and the rest will be donated.

I now have a very clean (and bare) closet which only means....ladies you know what that means...time to go shopping!

No comments: