Friday, November 14, 2008

I don't like my bed

Peyton has become spoiled. It is very hard to resist her adorable little self snuggling up close to you and falling asleep in your arms or on your chest and I guess doing that every once in awhile wouldn't be too bad but the other day I realized that in two days she had not had a nap in her crib. She was either falling asleep in the car, her bouncer or on me. I could see where this was heading so the other day I made an effort to put her in her bed for her nap. We rocked in the glidder and she was nodding off so I put her in her bed and as expected, five minutes later I started to hear some protests. I walked in, patted her back to sleep and left. As you expect, five minutes later, more protests. We did this cycle for the whole hour long nap. She doesn't have any problems at night, just for naps. Since that day I have been trying to be very diligent in having her not nap on people and put her in her bed. We have had some more crying fits but we have been having a little more success and last night we were at my mom's and she napped on my mom's bed for a hour and then right now she is in her bed sleeping. I need to be more diligent in making sure she breaks this habit (and I don't fall for her adorable little pout) because no day care is going want to or can hold her when she sleeps. 

No comments: