Sunday, November 2, 2008

Peyton Update

I haven't written in a couple of days so first here is an update on Peyton....
  • Peyton celebrated her first Halloween yesterday and was a ghost. We had a block party in our neighborhood so we headed out there and she of course slept the entire time until it was time to wake up and eat her Halloween treat...milk!
  • Earlier this week I was trying to get ready to venture out with my mom shopping and Peyton was sound asleep until I was about to get in the shower, since she seemed happy enough I put her in her swing and she was content until I got out, then instead of having her swing all by herself while I got dressed I put her in her bouncer and put on Baby Einstein's Baby Beethoven. I have played it for her once or twice before and she really could care less but this time she was glued to the TV and even would make noises and smile when the puppets came on TV. It was very amusing and although it was meant to help me get ready quicker it took me longer because I kept wanting to watch her. I honestly would love to know how these seemingly simple videos are so intriguing. At first I thought her sounds were a fluke but she kept on making them and then Friday I played part of it again for her and off she went talking away. Now that I know she likes them I will be purchasing a couple more because although I know she probably can't tell we are playing the same one, mommy can and there is only so much Beethoven I can handle.
  • Peyton has just discovered that she has a puppy (no we haven't been hiding Titus for eight weeks). What she thought he was the past eight weeks I don't know but the other day Titus walked up to her and her eyes got so wide and she followed him when he walk around her. Since then her eyes are glued to him whenever he comes around her. It really makes me wonder what she is thinking...
  • Also, Peyton loves bath time but would always get frustrated in her little tub in the sink because she can't float or kick her legs so my mom gave suggested that I try putting her in the big tub with me holding her so she could float around and kick her legs. We tried it last week and she LOVES it. She is so incredibly happy and will make all her cute noises while kicking legs around. She has a blast and honestly it is a whole lot easier to bathe her and fun for mommy too.
  • Finally, Peyton will be two months old on Tuesday :( and will have her two month check up on Wednesday. She will be getting some vaccinations so please pray that she doesn't have any adverse reactions and that mommy can hold it together. Also, I have some other questions for the doctor about various things so pray that all goes well!

No comments: